The Mission of the West Michigan Veterans, Inc., is to:
- Promote the social welfare of the State of Michigan and the County of Muskegon
- Assist disabled and needy veterans and members of the armed forces, their dependents, children and parents
- Assist widows/widowers of deceased veterans and their dependents
- Conduct programs for the charitable, scientific, or educational purposes
- Assist other veterans and social welfare organizations in the provision of service to the military veterans/dependents population. All services provided to the veterans and social welfare organizations be exclusively for charitable, education and scientific purposes.
Honoring Our Military & Veterans
Our brave men and women in uniform lay their lives on the line – often far away from their homes and families – to protect
our freedoms and defend our way of life. After more than a decade at war, our nation has had a dramatic increase in the
number of new veterans, including an influx of women and former guardsmen and reservists. We must ensure that when they
call on us, we are there to help. Whether it’s fighting for increased funding for veterans job training programs or
dealing with the VA backlog, Gary is always looking for ways to help our service members, veterans and military families
who have sacrificed so much for us.
As a former Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and the son of a World War II veteran, Gary has a deep, personal commitment to keeping our promises to America’s veterans. In the Senate, Gary is working to ensure veterans who may have been erroneously discharged from the military because of mental traumas like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) receive fair treatment and don’t lose access to the benefits they have earned through their service. Gary has also introduced bipartisan legislation to extend a tax credit for small businesses that provide differential pay to military reservists and National Guard members called to serve on active duty.
Senator Gary Peters Applauds Passage of Amendment Ensuring Fairness for Veterans
Senator Gary Peters Applauds Passage of Amendment Ensuring Fairness for Veterans Erroneously Discharged From Military
PROJECT EVERGREEN HELPS MILITARY FAMILIES AND WOUNDED/DISABLED VETERANS
WITH ITS GREENCARE FOR TROOPS AND SNOWCARE FOR TROOPS PROGRAMS
There is FREE snow removal available for some disabled Veterans and/or families with deployed servicemembers
Click here for lawn care and snow care information (pdf)
Please Note: The Muskegon VA Outpatient Clinic is now located at:
5000 Hakes Drive
Norton Shores, MI 49441
Telephone (231) 798-4445